INFO - Perfect Way: The Miles Davis Anthology - The Warner Bros. Years
Perfect Way: The Miles Davis Anthology - The Warner Bros. Years review
Here's a nice collection of Miles' music - surprisingly so, given the time period. These songs were meant as part of a canned 4CD release called "Miles Davis - The Last Word". Visually, you can watch Miles talk and draw. I've added info about each piece in the titling. Interested listeners can "google" for a heap of other background material. There's also an interesting book (which I'd like to get), "sort of tied-in" with the non-release. Aside from that, I've thrown "everything plus the kitchen sink" onto youtube over the past few months (doesn't it show?). So don't be surprised if the videos "drop off" now... even if the next one is "number 150"! My home (even if no-one answers): www.myspace.com
Discussion - Perfect Way: The Miles Davis Anthology - The Warner Bros. Years
- Miles will have been gone 20 years this year (2011).glad I saw him alot before he checked out.Loveï»¿ Miles!
- The saxophonist sounds like Bob Berg. So Iï»¿ am thinking 1985
- I need some help from avs002 or anyone. I am writing an annotated guidebook to Miles Davis music. Aï»¿ soundtrack to his life so to speak in the order he mentions it in his autobiography.
Miles speaks of a soundtrack he did for a movie called "Street Smart" with Chris Reeve and Morgan Freeman. Google and Amazon searches are coming up blank for me. Does anyone know if this soundtrack has been officially released on CD by Warner Bros. or any label? I seriously need to know of it's existence.
- Wow! I am a big Miles Davis Fan, and also a collector of 'pre-MTV' music videos. I must have seen MILES perform LIVE about 30 times in all, starting from the early 1970's. I would have to agree with Streamline 09, who commented that this unreleased stuff of Miles sounds very mid-1980's, around the Danish period of ï»¿ his collaborations with Palle Mikkelborg. Have to say Mikkelborg is a great artist, himself. Miles did say in his autobiography that stuff will be released after his death. Amazing!
- same band as Youre Under Arrest album innitï»¿
- knowï»¿ the lineup?
- Thie is great, but please give us the entire songsï»¿ !
- Some sounds like what he did with Palle on "Aura;" "Full Nelson", "Something's On Your Mind" , "Jilli", "Amandla". This mid-80s (say '83-'88) period seems to have have been his most creatively adventurous. Perhaps one day much more will be released. We deserve it, and the younger generation needs to be inspired by it. Thanks for posting them.ï»¿ Listening for more!